Edward Yavitz, MD is a comprehensive ophthalmologist who has specialized in cataract, glaucoma, corneal transplantation and LASIK surgery for more than 40 years. He’s now providing medical ophthalmology services for Kovach Eye Institute.
He was among the first to be certified to perform LASIK surgery by the American College of Eye Surgeons, and has chaired National sessions on refractive surgery. He is board certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and completed his education at Harvard University.
He holds 50 US Patents for treating macular degeneration, myopia, glaucoma, and low vision. Additionally, he has taught surgical techniques to eye surgeons all over the world.
- Haverford College: Bachelor of Arts – Magna Cum Laude
- Harvard University: Doctor of Medicine
- Newton-Wellsley, Harvard University: Internship
- University of California-San Francisco: Ophthalmology Residency and Fellowship in Cornea and Oculoplastic Surgery
- Harvard Boylston Society
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
The doctors at Kovach Eye Institute have either authored or reviewed and approved this content.