Kevin J. Kovach, M.D. received his Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry with honors from the University of Illinois. He was accepted at Loyola Stritch School of Medicine where he completed his graduate work. He graduated Doctor of Medicine Cum Laude and continued his transitional residency work at MacNeal Hospital. He completed his residency at Loyola UMC. He is a certified eye surgeon of the American Board of Ophthalmology, and a member of the American Association of Ophthalmology, American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and the International Society of Refractive Surgeons. He is currently on staff at Elmhurst Hospital, and Oak Park Hospital.
Dr. Kovach is an ardent supporter of co-management for a number of years and enjoys working cohesively with optometrists in all aspects of eye care.
Dr. Kovach’s surgical background includes:
- Refractive Surgery Specialist
- LASIK, PRK, Intacts, ICL’s (intraocular corneal lens) and R.K. Dr. Kovach was the first surgeon in DuPage County to do the LASIK procedure. He has done thousands of LASIK procedures with great results.
- Anterior Segment Specialist
- Glaucoma, Diabetes & Macular Degeneration - all argon laser treatments including ALT, PRP, PI, Macular Grid and Macular Hole are done on site.
- Cataract - Removal with IOL at Elmhurst Center for Surgery. Secondary Cataract Yag on site.
- Corneal Transplant at Elmhurst Outpatient Surgery Center
In 1998, Dr. Kovach purchased the business from the founder David J. Hayden, M.D. In 2006, he built a new building and moved his practice to its new location at 152 N. Addison, Elmhurst, Il 60126